Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections
Breadcrumbs background

Villas, historical residences and theatres

House of Ludovico Ariosto
TEMPORARY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The house, probably built to the design of Girolamo da Carpi, has a simple but elegant brick façade
Casa Romei
TEMPORARY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Giovanni Romei became administrator to the lords of Ferrara and married the princess Polissena d’Este. On the Via di San Francesco he had a house built that showed his high ranking.
Palazzo Bonacossi
Palazzo Bonacossi is closed to the public until further notice
Palazzo Costabili
TEMPORARY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. In 1502 work began on the construction of a large palace on the Via della Ghiara (now Via XX Settembre) for Antonio Costabili, Ferrara’s ambassador at the court of Ludovico il Moro, the Duke of Milan
Palazzo dei Diamanti
The magnificent Palazzo dei Diamanti, at the centre of the Addizione Erculea, on the important crossroads known as the Quadrivio degli Angeli, belonged to the duke’s brother Sigismondo d’Este.
Palazzo Renata di Francia
The palazzo was built around 1475, possibly to a design by Pietro Benvenuto degli Ordini.
Palazzo Municipale
Begun in 1245, the City Hall was the residence of the Este family until the 16th century. The main entrance is through Volto del Cavallo, opposite the cathedral, and is flanked by two sculptures, copies of the original 15th century ones.
Palazzo Paradiso - Ariostea Library
Temporarily closed until 5 December 2020
Palazzo Schifanoia
Palazzo Schifanoia is closed to the public until further notice
Teatro Comunale "Claudio Abbado"
In compliance of the order issued by the Emilia-Romagna Region to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, the Teatro Comunale will be closed until March 1st
Palazzina Marfisa d'Este
In line with the latest guidance, Palazzina Marfisa d'Este is closed until further notice
Casa Minerbi - Dal Sale
A jewel of Ferrara’s historical heritage, the recently restored Casa Minerbi – Dal Sale is an architectural complex which stands because of the fascinating dialogue between ancient and modern, immediately perceptible in the internal areas where fourteenth century pictorial cycles can be admired connected to contemporary spatiality created between 1957 and 1963 by architect Piero Bottoni from Milan.
Palazzo Turchi di Bagno
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Designed about 1492 by the architect Biagio Rossetti to create the so-called "Quadrivio degli Angeli" formed by palazzo dei Diamanti and palazzo Prosperi-Sacrati, this building is part of the large-scale urban planning work carried out by Rossetti under the Addizione Erculea plan
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information