Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections

Villas, historical residences and theatres

Ferrara

Palazzo Renata di Francia

The palazzo was built around 1475, possibly to a design by Pietro Benvenuto degli Ordini.

Palazzo Paradiso - Ariostea Library

The municipal libraries reopen on Wednesday 27 May for loans and returns. All other services are suspended, including the possibility of using the study rooms and the choice of books on the open shelves.

Palazzo Turchi di Bagno

CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Designed about 1492 by the architect Biagio Rossetti to create the so-called "Quadrivio degli Angeli" formed by palazzo dei Diamanti and palazzo Prosperi-Sacrati, this building is part of the large-scale urban planning work carried out by Rossetti under the Addizione Erculea plan

Casa Minerbi - Dal Sale

A jewel of Ferrara’s historical heritage, the recently restored Casa Minerbi – Dal Sale is an architectural complex which stands because of the fascinating dialogue between ancient and modern, immediately perceptible in the internal areas where fourteenth century pictorial cycles can be admired connected to contemporary spatiality created between 1957 and 1963 by architect Piero Bottoni from Milan.

Teatro Comunale "Claudio Abbado"

In compliance of the order issued by the Emilia-Romagna Region to prevent the spread of Coronavirus, the Teatro Comunale will be closed until March 1st

Casa Romei

Casa Romei reopens to the public from Saturday, September 12th

Palazzo Bonacossi

Palazzo Bonacossi is closed to the public until further notice

Palazzo Costabili

The Palazzo Costabile with The National Archaeological Museum reopens to the public on July, 14th

Palazzo dei Diamanti

The magnificent Palazzo dei Diamanti, at the centre of the Addizione Erculea, on the important crossroads known as the Quadrivio degli Angeli, belonged to the duke’s brother Sigismondo d’Este.

Palazzo Municipale

Begun in 1245, the City Hall was the residence of the Este family until the 16th century. The main entrance is through Volto del Cavallo, opposite the cathedral, and is flanked by two sculptures, copies of the original 15th century ones.

Palazzo Schifanoia

Palazzo Schifanoia and Civico Lapidario are OPEN to the public. The visit includes the three main rooms of the Palace: The Room of the Months (with a new illumination system), the Hall of Virtues and the Hall of Heraldic Devices: the apartments of Borso d'Este.

Palazzina Marfisa d'Este

Palazzina Marfisa will be closed to the public from 7 to 19 September, 2020

House of Ludovico Ariosto

The house of Ludovico Ariosto reopens to the public on September, 15th

Argenta

Delizia Estense di Benvignante

This work by the court architect, Pietro Benvenuto degli Ordini, was carried out for Borso d'Este and is an excellent example of the refined, elegant Ferrarese style during the Renaissance period.

Bondeno

Casa Ariosto

In and around the atmospheric village square there are various buildings worthy of mention, including the Casa Ariosto,...

Cento

Governor's palace

The Governor's palace, also called Palace of Justice or Palace of the Clock, was built in 1502 and looks onto the square named after Il Guercino.

Municipal Theatre

The Theatre was built between 1856 and 1861 and was projected by A. Giordani from Cento.

Codigoro

Bishop’s Palace

The Riviera Cavallotti, the street in downtown Codigoro overlooking the Po di Volano, offers a stupendous view of the river.

Comacchio

Palazzo Bellini

This building stands opposite the former Hospital of San Camillo, not far from the Ponte degli Sbirri.

Ancient Hospital for the Infirm

The stately old Hospital for the Sick can be found in Via Agatopisto, the pen name of the Arcadian poet Appiano Buonafede (1716- 1793).

last modified Jun 05, 2012 11:46
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information