Sections

Sanctuary of S. Maria in Aula Regia

The origins of the venerated Sanctuary of St. Mary’s in Aula Regia date back to the 10th century.
Sanctuary of S. Maria in Aula Regia

Today’s building is 16th-century with a beautiful façade added at the end of the 19th century that acts as a backdrop to the long straight road Via Mazzini. The interior conserves a sculpture of the Virgin Mary, realised between the 1400s and 1500s. There is also an admirable wooden Baroque Crucifix by Filippo Porri (1641) and the painting The Decollation of The Baptist by Carlo Bononi (c.1630).

Related documents

Opening

Every day 7.30 - 12.00; 15.00 - 19.00.

Ask the Tourist Information Office for the Holy Masses schedule

Price

Free entrance.

Contacts

Comacchio - Via Mazzini, 179

Information office

Tourist Information Office of Comacchio

Comacchio
Via Agatopisto, 2/a
telefax 0533 319278

How to get here

By car: from Ferrara by the Motorway Ferrara-Porto Garibaldi, Comacchio exit, take the S15 Via del Mare and at the end turn left on Via Spina. Turn left again on Via Foce to reach Via Mazzini.
By bus: from Ferrara line Ferrara Ferrara-Ostellato -Lidos of Comacchio.
From the bus stop about 1.3 km (no public transport for this journey).

Google maps

last modified Oct 15, 2015 07:32
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information