Sections

Bell Tower of the Abbey of Pomposa

Bell Tower of the Abbey of Pomposa
To the side of the church stands the 48-metre higt campanile, built in 1063 by the architect Deusdedit who chose to be remembered on the western wall. It is divided into nine levels, each one having windows that are wider and with more lights than the level below it, giving the building a particularly light and soaring appearance that is emphasized by the spire of considerable heigt. The red and yellow brick face conserves very rare inserts of ceramic bowls coming from various parts of the Mediterranean such as Egypt, Tunisia and Sicily.

Information office

Tourist Information Office of Codigoro - Pomposa Abbey

Pomposa
telefax 0533 719110
last modified Dec 09, 2011 03:29
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information