Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Sections

Municipal Gallery

The Municipal Gallery is housed in a Eighteenth-century building. In 1839 the works of the Gallery were first exhibited inside the palace
Municipal Gallery

... after Napoleon's death and the consequent Restauration, in the attempt to recuperate the pictures that were stolen to the town and to keep those in danger of degradation. The first nucleus of paintings is enriched by the donations of several private people and purchases by the same Municipality. At the moment the collection groups the greatest number of Guercino's paintings, but also of his followers, most of them from Cento and of bolognese artists of the 18th and 19th centuries and is displayed in 15 rooms, on two floors.

 

REOPENING ON NOVEMBER, 25th 2023

last modified Jun 20, 2024 11:28
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information