Sections

Poggio Renatico

This town, possibly of Roman origin, was for centuries a feud of the powerful Lambertini family of Bologna, whose members included a Pope, Benedict XIV. The territory traditionally represented the boundary between Bologna (city to which Poggio belonged up to the 19th cent.) and Ferrara and still abounds in old watchtowers. The town center is dominated by the feudal palace and the striking Church of San Michele Arcangelo, built after the Lombard-Gothic style in 1907.

last modified Oct 04, 2012 10:04
Chiudi menu
Tourist Information